Superstition Wilderness Area, AZ
This site contains the most complete GPS database for the Superstition Wilderness available anywhere. All officially maintained USFS trails are included, as well as several unofficial trails and popular off-trail routes. File download is free, but if you use these files please drop us an email or send a picture!
Files: (To download select Right Click > Save Target As... In some browsers the files may get saved with the .xml extension. In this case you will have to manually change the extension to .gpx)
- Download All (zip file - 4 Mb) - All gpx files are included.
- File Information - This contains a detailed description of the contents and format of these files
- Western Half (Full resolution) This contains trails/trailheads on the western side of the wilderness area. All tracks in this file are at full resolution. To see which trails are included in this file see the File Information above.
- Eastern Half (Full resolution) This contains trails/trailheads on the eastern side of the wilderness area. All tracks in this file are at full resolution. To see which trails are included in this file see the File Information above.
- Entire Wilderness (max 500 pts per track) - This contains all trails in the wilderness area. But, tracks in this file are at reduced quality, such that no more than 500 track points are included per track. This is to make uploading track files to a GPS unit easier, as there is generally a limit as to the number of points allowed in each trackfile. This number is commonly 500 but varies depending on the GPS unit.
Tutorials on using GPX files with ExpertGPS:
Information on these files:
Original Maps Created:
For questions or comments email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The authors have personally mapped each and every waypoint and trail in this file, and have strived to ensure its accuracy and quality. Nevertheless, it is not unforseeable that some errors have cropped into this database. The user of these files accepts all responsibility for his/her actions. If errors are discovered, please contact the authors.
COPYRIGHT 2008. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
The contents of these files are for personal use only. The files can be redistributed, but no site can use any part of this file for commercial purposes. Posting this file on a website requires permission from the authors. By downloading any of these files you agree to abide by these restrictions.
Comments on these gpx files:
"This is a fantastic file. Quality like this is what I've hoped for as I've been developing the site. Thank you very much for sharing." - Fred Williams (GPXchange).